Please be patient as we work on updating this page and its contents. Much of the material provided here is outdated and in need of rebranding. We look forward to providing current 4-H resources soon.
Activity/Lesson Plan Writing Resources
- Activity Template Descriptors – describes the various parts of the activity plan
- Activity Template Unformatted – Word document to use while developing the activity/lesson before putting in formatted version
- 2018 Template – formatted in Publisher
STEM Project Evaluation
- STEM Survey (with smiley faces)
- STEM Survey (with check boxes)
- 4-H Science Programming Research (4-h.org)
Professional and Volunteer Development
- Click2SciencePD (UNL)
- 4-H Science (4-h.org)
- Tools of the Trade II Inspiring Young Minds to be SET Ready for Life (CA)
- Understanding Science (UC Berkeley)
CSU STEM Resources
- CSU STEM Center
- CSU College of Natural Sciences Education and Outreach Center
- Little Shop of Physics CSU
Other STEM Resources
Expanding STEM Learning, Lessons Learned and Early Impact of Statewide Afterschool Networks System Building Efforts, Mainspring Consulting, 2014 (working draft)
STEM at the National Level
US Department of Education STEM: Education for Global Leadership.
You be the Chemist
Facilitator Activity Guides
States of Matter
Acids & Bases
Rxn Rates & Catalysts
Forces & Interactions
Life & Earth Sciences
Student Work Sheets
States of Matter: Melting Ice With Salt, Moving Molecule Stomp, Solid And Liquid, The Air Around You.
Density: Buoyant Butter, Dancing Raisins, Density Totem, Liquid Rainbow
Solubility: Crystal Art, Fountain Of Soda Pop, T-Shirt Tie-dye (Coming soon), Wacky Waxy Watercolors.
The Basics: Brown Bananas, Cleaning Pennies, Lumpy Liquids, Rusty Wool.
Acids and bases: Egg Dye Solutions (Coming soon), Exploding Bags, Rubber Eggs.
Rxn Rates & Catalysts: Ageless Apples, Elephant Toothpaste, Seltzer Rxn rates.
Forces & Interactions: Antigravity Water, Balloon Rockets, Grasping for Air, Magnetic Metals (Coming soon), Puffed Rice Fleas.
Life and Earth Sciences: Blubber In Sea Animals, Capillary Carnations, Dew Drops, Hold The Salt, Iron In Cereal.