Colorado 4-H Leadership Resources
Become A 4-H Volunteer/Leader
Volunteers are the “heart” of Colorado 4-H! Volunteers build the capacity of 4-H to reach tens of thousands Colorado youth every year. As a Colorado 4-H Volunteer you play a key role as an adult mentor and role model for young people that live in your community.
We have many resources to prepare you to work in an environment of positive youth development and support your efforts. Our shared goal is to build life skills in young people and prepare them for a successful transition into adulthood.
Join over 11,000 adults committed to youth across Colorado by joining the Colorado 4-H youth development program! How do you become a 4-H leader? Contact your county office to learn more! The safety of 4-H members is paramount. You will be asked to fill out an application and undergo a national background and motor vehicle check in order to become a volunteer.
Volunteers are the “heart” of 4-H! Volunteers build the capacity of 4-H to reach tens of thousands Colorado youth every year. As a Colorado 4-H Leader you play a key role as an adult mentor and role model for young people that live in your community. Volunteer Resources can be found on the Colorado 4-H Website as well.
- “Skills that I have gained from volunteering with 4-H has also helped me become a better community member. It has truly helped me with my communication skills”
- “4-H has helped me become a better leader for other settings such as work and other non-profit groups I am involved in.”
- “4-H has broadened my vision of how I look at people, youth, volunteering, giving back to the community and learning new skills.”
4-H Volunteer Orientation (online)
The online e-Learning modules are designed to help adults become familiar with Colorado 4-H Youth Development programs.
The course has four components:
- Lesson 1: Volunteer Roles & Relationships
- Lesson 2: A Safe & Inclusive Environment
- Lesson 3: Promoting Positive Youth Development
- Lesson 4: Introduction to Experiential Learning
The online course does not need to be completed in one sitting but the overall training will take approximately 1 hour to complete. All four components must be completed to obtain the e-Learning certificate. Contact your local county 4-H Extension Agent for the county password.
Accessing the e-Learning Modules
Contact county agent to receive instructions. Completion of this course does not guarantee your acceptance as a volunteer with Colorado State University Extension, 4-H Youth Development Programs.
4-H Money Matters Fact Sheets
GROWING IN YOUTH LEADERSHIP
- CO 4-H President Application
- CO 4-H Vice President Application
- CO 4-H District President Application