STEM in Colorado 4-H
To meet the needs of youth and the nation with high-quality Positive Youth Development programing in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Colorado 4-H provides science, technology, engineering and math programs based on Colorado Academic Standards.
- Colorado 4-H provides opportunities for youth to experience and improve in the Essential Elements of Positive Youth Development.
- Colorado 4-H learning experiences are led by trained, caring adult staff and volunteers acting as mentors, coaches, facilitators and co-learners who operate from a perspective that youth are partners and resources in their own development.
- Colorado 4-H activities are led with an experiential approach to learning.
- Colorado 4-H activities use inquiry-based learning to foster the natural creativity and curiosity of youth.
- Colorado 4-H program facilitators target one or more of the outcomes on the 4-H Science Logic Model and consider the frequency and duration necessary for youth to accomplish those outcomes.
- Youth develop positive attitudes toward the development of STEM knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Youth apply STEM knowledge and skills in club, community and academic programing.
- More youth pursue education and careers in STEM