What is Health Rocks!?
4-H Health Rocks! is a national healthy living program, for youth ages 8-14, designed to:
(1) help youth build life skills that lead to healthy lifestyle choices
(2) build positive enduring relationships with youth, involved as full partners, to address at-risk behaviors of youth, and
(3) reduce youth smoking and tobacco use.
Colorado 4-H is excited to bring the 4-H Health Rocks! Program to our state which has reached over 110,300 youth nationwide since its inception in 2010.
Through the power of youth and adult partnerships, Health Rocks! instills in youth participants invaluable confidence and communication skills necessary to make responsible decisions and develop the internal strength to resist risky behaviors.
For more information about Health Rocks! and to learn more about Health Rocks! in action visit https://4-h.org/parents/healthy-living/health-rocks/.
What is the impact of Health Rocks!?
The Health Rocks! program instills in youth participants the confidence and skills to develop the internal strength to make positive life choices. The curriculum uses a combination of activities and self-reflection exercises to inform, inspire and educate teens to make informed decisions about their health and wellness when faced with real challenges. This program has been proven to result in a number of positive changes in youth behavior including a demonstrated high level of social and emotional thriving as well as an expressed intent by more than 90 percent of participants to pursue healthy behaviors and avoid risky behaviors.
How can my child OR my students participate in the Health Rocks! Program in Colorado?
To meet the needs of youth in Colorado and to keep everyone safe, Colorado 4-H has created a virtual 4-H Health Rocks! Program with a variety of activities that can be completed as a group or individually. These activities can be completed in the comfort of your own home or in a classroom and you can go at your own pace!
Registration for this FREE online program is required by simply filling out the form below:
- If you are a youth between the ages of 8 and 14, register using this link – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScO6NQUfNIzV8YZWM-_tILSupkmmPolO-Dgarn1OjPJ5c4knQ/viewform
- If you are a teacher or other youth service provider who will be facilitating the Health Rocks! Program in your community, register using this link – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJOXazowAJQcCb5KoJvp-eKTdTDNSAAyTr84VmJW45jjiTWw/viewform
If you have any questions or would like the educator curriculum to teach the course in-person or virtually please contact the Colorado 4-H Health Rocks! team at 4HColoradoHealthRocks@gmail.com.