Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports Program
Welcome to the Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports Information Page!
Thank you to our volunteers, staff and sponsors for their support of Colorado 4-H Youth Development programming across the state.
Colorado 4-H State Shooting Sport Events
2023 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Training
2023 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Training dates, locations and discipline offerings.
More information about registrations and other training details will be shared in the coming months. As a reminder volunteers must be fully enrolled and active in 4-HOnline prior to registering for a training.
- March 3-5, Morgan County – (Rifle, Pistol, Archery, Shotgun) OPENS: 1/20/23 CLOSES: 2/17/23
- March 10-12, Weld County – (Rifle, Pistol, Archery, Shotgun) OPENS: 1/27/23 CLOSES: 2/24/23
- March 17-19, Pueblo County – (Rifle, Pistol, Archery, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Hunting & Outdoor Skills, Western Heritage) OPENS: 2/3/23 CLOSES: 3/3/23
- March 24-26, Garfield County – (Rifle, Pistol, Archery, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Hunting & Outdoor Skills, Western Heritage) OPENS: 2/10/23 CLOSES: 3/10/23 (Outdoor Skills will not be offered at this training)
- All workshops are tentative and may be cancelled or adjusted for reason including but not limited to low registration numbers, inclement weather, state health department restrictions, etc.
2022 Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports Championship Results Links (below)
2022 Printable Scorecards
- .22 Pistol
- Archery: Jr – FITA 3D
- Archery: Sr – FITA 3D
Attention 4-H State Championships Air Rifle Participants
After much discussion among State 4-H Shooting Sports Championship Superintendents it has been determined that the updated version of the Crossman Challenger air rifle model #CH 2021, is not eligible for 4-P Air Rifle classes. Potential updates and edits such as the description of eligible air rifles will be reviewed by the State 4-H Shooting Sports Advisory Committee this fall and any edits or changes to the rules will be reflected in the rules after that time.
- 2021 Colorado 4-H State Shooting Sports State Championships Alternate Format Results
- 2020 Colorado 4-H State Shooting Sports State Championships Alternate Format Results
- 2019 Colorado 4-H State Shooting Sports State Championships Results
General Information, Rulebook & Ambassadors
Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports Information
Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Information
- 2022 Ambassador Application
- Current Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassadors
- Lucas Ng – Weld County
- Jessica Laffey – Larimer County
- Dominic Richey- Elbert County
- Allyson Neal – Pueblo County
- Ryer Roberts – Mesa County
- Nate Rogers – Larimer County
- Rhyse Campion – Boulder County
- Makayla Baker – Las Animas
- Ena Gibson – Weld County
Youth Handgun Safety Act Resources
Project Child Safe
A parent’s guide to youth mental health and preventing authorized access to firearms
4-H Shooting Sports Leader Certificate and
Hunter Safety Upload Instructions
- 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Workshop Certificate
- Hunter Safety Card Upload Instructions (updates coming soon)
- Reminder: There is not a State 4-H hunter safety completion requirement for youth to enroll in a 4-H Shooting Sports project. The decision to require a hunter safety card for participation in certain events and activities such as County 4-H Shooting Sports practices and contests lies with the county. If a hunter safety requirement is in place at the County level, it should not affect project enrollment or completion. As a risk management tool; there is a hunter safety card requirement for youth to participate in the State 4-H Shooting Sports Championships, which is not a required activity for 4-H project completion.
Manufacturer Recall Information
County Events & Opportunities
4-H Shooting Sports County Invitationals & Activities
National 4-H Shooting Sports Championships
2022 National 4-H Shooting Sports Championships Team List
Congratulations to all! Thank you for representing Colorado 4-H!
|Air Pistol||Air Rifle|
|Dave||de la Mater||Routt||(Coach)||Jaren||Tolman||Jefferson||(coach)|